The priorities we will be focusing on for the first year include the following;
- Establish and implement a governance structure including Steering Group, Strategic Co-ordinator and Community Delivery Group
- Produce an “Audit And Insight Report” to establish the current status of rugby in the city and inform target setting.
- Launch the City of Rugby website, social media and e-newsletter and start development of city wide database.
- Develop city wide development clusters that connect schools, colleges, universities and clubs.
- Develop and incorporate the Engage! values model to be used as an overlay onto community rugby programmes
- Develop an inaugural Festival of Rugby programme incorporating O2 Touch, Coventry Sports Week and Rugby Expo
- Draft development plans and provisional budgets for the following;
– Disability Rugby (including delivery of the Special Scools pilot programme)
– Primary Schools festival framework
– Secondary Schools competition framework
– Girls’ and Women’s rugby
– Coaching, Refereeing, and Volunteering Academy