The priorities we will be focusing on for the first year include the following;
1. Establish and implement a governance structure including Steering Group, Strategic Co-ordinator and Community Delivery Group
2. Produce an “Audit And Insight Report” to establish the current status of rugby in the city and inform target setting.
3. Launch the City of Rugby website, social media and e-newsletter and start development of city wide database.
4. Develop city wide development clusters that connect schools, colleges, universities and clubs.
5. Develop and incorporate the Engage! values model to be used as an overlay onto community rugby programmes
6. Develop an inaugural Festival of Rugby programme incorporating O2 Touch, Coventry Sports Week and Rugby Expo
7. Draft development plans and provisional budgets for the following;
– Disability Rugby (including delivery of the Special Scools pilot programme)
– Primary Schools festival framework
– Secondary Schools competition framework
– Girls’ and Women’s rugby
– Coaching, Refereeing, and Volunteering Academy