HITZ is Premiership Rugby’s award-winning education and employability programme which works with over 2,000 14-18 year-olds across England every year. Using rugby’s core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to engage with young people not in education, training or employment (NEET). We aim to assist you back into education, training, apprenticeships and/or employment.
The HITZ Learning Academy offers a relaxed environment targeted at 16-18 year olds to improve their functional maths and English. Our aim is for you to develop valuable life skills and gain important qualifications alongside experience from work placements and employer-led sessions. The programme also offers essential enrichment and sporting activities which supports the development of the whole individual through not only improving their mental but physical wellbeing as well.
Participants in the HITZ programme regularly report an increase in resilience, self-confidence and aspiration as a result of their involvement, and over 70% go on to achieve a positive progression into further education, training or employment.
HITZ is funded by partners Land Rover, Comic Relief and Wooden Spoon.
We offer a six month training programme giving access to real industry career choices.
Choose from Coaching, Fitness or Events Stewarding, develop your skills in English & Maths, First Aid and more.
Delivered in partnership with Premiership Rugby, we’re giving you the chance to:
- Achieve nationally recognised qualifications in sport and active leisure
- Play a range of sport and activities whilst having fun and making friends
- Get fit and learn about health and nutrition
- Receive support to improve literacy and numeracy skills
- Work preparation skills and experience to improve employability
- Attend exciting outdoor adventure and rafting trips if your attendance is good
- Other fun activities may include paintballing, crossfit, sailing & trampolining
- Access to bursaries depending on your circumstances
Find out more about HITZ!
To hear more about this amazing opportunity, either click on the link below, or contact your local HITZ team today!
Anthony O’Reilly – HITZ Officer | 07389 187 059 | Anthony.OReilly@wasps.co.uk