A Fun, Active, Game Based Programme for 7-11 Year Olds
A fun, highly active, game based programme that develops a range of cognitive and physical skills. Through a range of rugby based and multi-skills games, participants will work on three key areas: teamwork and tactical understanding, co-ordination and motor skills, and agility and movement.
It also focuses on key sporting and life morals, and promotes sportsmanship, discipline, teamwork and resilience, amongst many other things!
The 4 aims of the Department for Education in relation to Physical Education are:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time.
- Engage in competitive sports and activities.
- Lead healthy and active lifestyles.
(Department for Education, 2016)
The programme meets 4 of the 6, Upper Key Stage 2 objectives:
- Use running, jumping and throwing
- Play competitive games, modified where appropriate
- Develop flexibility, strength and technique
- Compare their performances with previous performances
Added Benefits for Pupils
- 2 tickets to a Wasps home match
- Opportunity to sign up to be a Junior Member
- Opportunity to become ‘Wasp of the Week’
- Opportunity to have a stadium tour of the Ricoh
- Invitation to participate in a Tag Rugby festival at a partner secondary school
Areas of Development
Agility of Movement
- Physical Literacy
Teamwork & Tactical Understanding
Co-ordination & Fine Motor Skills
- Fine Motor Development
- Gross Motor Developement
- Reaction Time